The President has announced that all organisations will have to comply with POPIA by 30 June 2021. But what does that really mean?
Join Everlytic and POPIA expert, Elizabeth de Stadler from Novation Consulting, on a series of webinars that cut through the noise. In them, you’ll learn about the real impact of POPIA on marketing, what to do about it, and how to convince your legal advisers not to overhaul your mailing list for nothing.
Webinar 1: POPIA Myth Busters – The rumours are flying about what POPIA will mean for direct marketing. In this webinar, we bust some rumours by showing you how to navigate the legislation, how to it relates to marketing, and correct some misleading statements
Webinar 2: Building Your Mailing List – The name of the game is to become POPIA compliant without trashing your mailing list. The good news is that it is possible! In this webinar, we get real about what you can do with your existing mailing list, buying (or selling) leads, signing people up for direct marketing, and managing unsubscribes.
Webinar 3: Managing POPIA Risk – The key to staying POPIA compliant is taking a risk-based approach. In this webinar, we share the behaviour that’s gotten marketers into trouble locally and abroad. On the other side of risk is opportunity. We discuss the benefits that privacy and responsible information management can have for marketing and share insights into a new customer segment called the ‘privacy actives’.
This Recorded Webinar does not offer any certification.
- The POPIA in 300 seconds challenge
- What does POPIA actually say about direct marketing
- Why lawyers are so bad at POPIA and how to train them
- Building & keeping your mailing list
- Let’s talk about leads and where you can get them
- The dreaded c-word: When, how, what & where
- Up-selling, down-selling, cross-selling & selling sideways
- Whatever you do, don’t just reconsent your database (Bad lawyer! No!)
- Managing your POPIA risks
- What makes people complain
- What happens when the POPIA strikes the fan
- Privacy, like vegetables, can be good for
- Lectures 7
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 3 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 32
- Assessments Yes
Webinar 1: POPIA Myth Busters
Webinar 2: Building Your Mailing List
Webinar 3: Managing POPIA Risk
Everlytic POPI Guide